The COVID-19 pandemic was once a threat that hurriedly became our every-day reality – an uncertain reality that requires agile readjustments. The virus affects us both personally and business-wise; one of the most damaged areas is the event planning industry.
Events are all about people, gatherings, and experiences, delightful meetings and activities that we do not have access to anymore, today. So what it is to be done?
Here are some tips&tricks. Read, “feel” and implement what suits best!
1. Analyze all your options, not forgetting the most radical or creative ones, and make a decision – cancel, postpone or wait and see (waiting is still an option!).
2. Consider each and every ALTERNATIVE! No event experience can be compared to the one you are actually experiencing, but there’s still a virtual space, ready to help us!
3. Continuously communicate with your public and tell them what are you thinking about and how are things going to be. It is your time to be supportive and transparent!
4. Maintain a close relationship with sponsors, partners, and suppliers; negotiate and find solutions TOGETHER! It is, after all, a situation that we have to overcome together.
5. Take good care of your team! (In return, they will take good care of your event.).
6. Reorganize, re-strategize, rework, re-re-re! Your mission, right now, is to get the event back on track. Go through all the details and, again, reevaluate every scenario.
7. Learn! Take good use of this situation and write down 3 things you’ll never forget to do when you’ll organize an event from now on. One? An extreme-driven back-up plan.
You believe in your event, have great planning skills and passion! Run the show!
Event planner / advertiser
I am the woman behind the scene!